Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Paintings for Visual Communication Design

Well, honestly speaking, This is the very 1st time I work so much with water color. I used to hate water color because, well, during my school life, the teacher never go in-depth to teach you properly on how to fully utilize the medium. So I hated water color up till now. Actually, I have a phobia in using em. lol. At least, during my 1st sem in Go Academy, the lecturer actually taught us how to manipulate the medium... here are the results...

1st black n white paintings. the lecturer gave us a color picture out of a magazine and asked us to convert it to a grayscale pic. We are to learn bout light and shadow.

Pixelations.. its harmful to the eyes.lol. anyways, I've captured the progress with my camera but only posted a few just to save space.

Halfway through the pixelations. took me a couple of hrs just to get em done. well, a whole day cause I got tired now and then and rested. :P

left : final outcome (NEW) | right : previous unfinished spoil project
well, the 1 on the right was done b4 chinese new year and it was totally destroyed due to untidyness so i decided to start on a new one

2nd pixelation project. took me less hrs to work on it. but I totally hate to mix gold color.

Final VCD project.. we are to paint food. didn't do a great job cause there r still lots for me to learn bout painting with water color. took me less hrs to paint tis one compared to the pixelations. :P

No comments: